When it comes to garage doors, there’s more than what meets the eye. There are many underlying parts of the door that allow it to function properly and to keep you and your family safe. Cable replacement is one of the most overlooked parts in a garage door, but it’s also one of the most important because it’s hidden and located somewhere in between. When you’re dealing with a garage door that doesn’t open or close, call a garage door cable replacement in Riverside professional to take a look at the cables.
How to Assess the Problem of Garage Door Cables?
When your garage door cables begin to break down, you’ll notice it in the way that the door closes and opens.
The first sign is a loud screeching sound every time the cables rub against the pulley. Other times, you’ll find that your garage door is nearly impossible to close and there is even more noise. You might also find that the door isn’t opening or closing at all because you can hear it but can’t see it. Also, you may find that your door opens or closes but won’t go back up.
Repairs or replacements can be done by yourself. But if it’s difficult to determine the problem just by looking at it, which is why you should get a professional garage door cable replacement in Riverside to take a look at it.
How to Do the Manual Garage Door Cable Replacement in Riverside?
There are a few steps that you need to follow when doing manual garage door cable replacement in Riverside.
- First, if the cables have snapped and need to be replaced, you must make sure that the door is in the closed position before you begin. If it’s not, there’s a danger of it falling when you’re trying to remove the broken cable. Once the door is closed, you need to unscrew the screw that holds both cables onto the torsion spring pulley.
- You then need to unhook both ends of the broken cable and remove it from the door and the torsion spring pulley. Once it’s removed, you can install the new cable in its place by following the same path that the old cable made.
- Once it’s in place, you need to adjust the length of the new cable so that the door opens and closes without any problems. You’ll know your new cable is in the right position when it pulls and releases with no tension and the door moves up and down freely, without any stops.
Automatic Garage Door Cable Replacement in Riverside
If you’re doing the automatic garage door cable replacement in Riverside, you should look for a professional service to take care of it.
An automatic door is complicated because there are many cables in different places that need to be repaired or replaced. Following are some steps to consider
- First, you need to open the door and check if there is a problem. If you find a cable that has too much slack, then it’s time for a replacement. Second, remove the old wire by following the same path as it did earlier. Once done, attach the new wire in place and cut off any excess with scissors.
- Since you don’t need to attach both cables onto the torsion spring pulley, start with the one that’s not attached and adjust it. Adjusting these cables is important as they can cause damage once too loose or too tight.
- Remember, before you begin any repairs on your garage door cables or replacement, make sure that the door is closed because if not, you risk it falling down while you’re doing the replacement. Never do the replacement when the door is up because there’s a danger of getting squished.
Help of A Professional Offering Garage Door Cable Replacement in Riverside
If you’re not sure how to do a manual or automatic garage door cable replacement in Riverside, then the best thing to do is to hire a professional to do it.
It’s not just because you’re getting a replacement, but also because there are things that professionals know how to do and do better.
Even if you can do some repairs and replacements, it’s best to leave this one to the professionals because of the many things they must do while completing cable replacement in Riverside. Here are some reasons why:
Being Familiar With Your Door
Professionals know your door better than you do since they work with garage doors all the time. They know what to expect and how to handle it without making things worse than they already are.
Being Familiar With Your Model
Professionals not only know each type of garage door but also their models. They will know what’s needed for your particular model so they can do the perfect cable replacement in Riverside. Not just that, their experience comes in handy if your door is quite complicated.
Being Familiar With Your Cable
It’s best to ask professionals about the model of cables that you need for your garage door. They are well-informed about different brands because they also sell them after all.
Don’t wait any longer and call now for garage door cable replacement in Riverside!
Q: How much does it cost to get the cables replaced?
A: The cost of getting cables replaced for a garage door depends on how many cables need replacement. It also depends on the type of model you’re using.
Q: How do I know if it’s time to get my cables replaced?
A: If you find any slack in your cables, it’s time to get them replaced. But if there are problems like the door not opening and closing smoothly, then it’s also time to get your cables replaced.
Q: How do I know if the cable that isn’t attached to the torsion spring pulley needs replacement?
A: If you find some slack on the cable that is attached to the torsion spring pulley, then it’s time to get it replaced. However, just because there is some slack on the other cable doesn’t mean that you need a professional for garage door cable replacement in Riverside.