Mold, mildew, and bacteria can be very dangerous for your home. toxic black mold, which has received worldwide attention after a series of people died and many more developed serious lung diseases and illnesses that changed their lives completely. Mold in your home is something that you should never allow to go unchecked; it is something that, if allowed to grow, can make you very sick and potentially become very hazardous. While there are a number of harmless molds, if you are unlucky enough to have a mold allergy, then no molds are harmless.

Mold is an airborne fungus that can settle on your carpets, walls, and tiles, among other places. It thrives in damp, dark, and warm environments, which are ideal for mold growth. Mold begins to form within 24–48 hours and can cause extensive damage to your health and property if left untreated. If it becomes an ongoing problem, you may want to consider a mold remediation company; they have the knowledge and experience needed to remove the mold and restore your property.

In this article, we are going to tell you what you can do if your walls are in danger of mold, if mold is growing, or if you have a huge mold problem in your home. Knowing what to do with mold is the best way for you to treat it, so be sure to read this article in its entirety. We are going to offer a number of highly effective methods of treatment, as well as explain a little more about mold and how harmful it can be.

Here is what you can do if your walls are in danger of becoming moldy.

Why Should I Worry About mold?

Mold is not harmless, despite what some people might try to tell you. Mold, on the other hand, can be extremely harmful. A number of people have been killed by toxic mold, allegedly including famed celebrity Brittney Murphy, who succumbed to pneumonia in her Hollywood home, and only a short while later, her partner, too. Mold kills, injures, and harms without regard for who it kills, injures, or harms. If you are more prone to allergies, then mold allergies could be very dangerous for you and could make you ill.

However, when it comes to toxic black mold, allergy or not, you will fall ill. Toxic black mold is so severe that if a home has it inside, the residents are expected to move out and may have to abandon all of their belongings. It is very difficult to get rid of and can make a person very, very sick. People think that Brittney Murphy’s death and the deaths of many others were caused by a toxic mold. The problem with toxic black mold, however, is that it is almost indistinguishable from other types of black mold, which may be harmless.

The only way to establish whether or not a mold is toxic is through rigorous testing. Toxic black mold can be a nightmare if it is left untreated, and it is something that you must never treat yourself to. If you notice mold forming in your home and you fear that it may be a toxic variety, you should hire a person to come in and test the mold. Having said that, the majority of the mold in our homes will not be toxic and will be completely harmless. Here is how you can treat mold.

Air Treatment

This is usually a later step, though we will give it to you first. Once you have eliminated the mold from your walls and home, you must eliminate it from the air. Mold can hang around in the air and leave its spores everywhere. An air purifier should be very effective in preventing further mold and mildew growth in your home. Air treatment is a necessary step to stop the spread of further mold spores in your home. If you do not stop the spread, the mold will return again and again and will be almost impossible to get rid of.

Anti-mold Paint

If you are moving into a new home and you see no signs of mold yet, then it may be worth painting your home with anti-mold paint. Anti-mold paint is very effective in treating mold and can stop it from growing at all. This paint contains anti-mold chemicals that fight the mold and prevent it from being able to sustain itself on your walls. Anti-mold paint is a very effective and beneficial method of stopping mold from growing in your home. Anti-mold paint is something that you should definitely consider using in your home.


Vinegar is another effective method of killing and treating mold. Many people do not like chemicals and chemical treatments, so because of this, they use vinegar. Vinegar is an acid, which means it burns and kills 99.9% of mold spores. Vinegar, combined with baking soda, is a very effective way of treating and eliminating mold. The vinegar used for treating mold should always be distilled white vinegar; nothing else will likely work. Be sure not to get it in your eyes when you are treating mold, as it can cause damage to your eyes—always wear goggles.


As an alternative to vinegar, if you are fine with chemicals, you can use bleach. Bleach is a very effective way to treat and eliminate mold. Bleach should always be diluted to four parts water to one part bleach. If you put too much bleach in, you can potentially make your home dangerous and expose yourself to too much of the chemical. Speaking from personal experience, bleach is something that can make you very sick if you do not use it carefully. Be careful with bleach and always use it conservatively. Follow the instructions and never mix bleach with other chemicals.

Anti-mold Spray

You can find anti-mold spray in some stores. This spray can be applied to your walls and used to fight mold before it grows. This spray, however, cannot be mixed with any chemicals, especially bleach, for it can cause a very dangerous chemical reaction that will be significantly more harmful than the mold itself. Anti-mold spray is a good investment to make if you are worried about mold or if your home is prone to mold. Anti-mold spray is often very affordable and can be found in a number of home supply stores, so give it a look if you do not want to use bleach or vinegar.

Thank you for reading. We hope to have explained to you how you can treat or eliminate mold from your home, as well as how you can prevent it from growing to begin with. Always be wary of mold growth, for it could be harmful.