Often, students are overwhelmed by transitioning into a dorm room. It comes as a drastic change for those not used to sharing living spaces or living in a small area. The student must do everything in their power to increase the comfort and appeal of their dorm room. Indoor plants can transform the dorm room into the most welcoming living space for a student. That way, they can enjoy their life at school and study with comfort.
Indoor plants are essential to uplift the mood of a dorm room. A student can sometimes feel overwhelmed by schoolwork. That is why many use a college essay help online since they get too tired to keep up with piling assignments. Going back to a welcoming dorm room helps lift their spirits and offers them a peaceful environment to work on assignments.
Here is why keeping plants in a dorm room is beneficial.
Indoor plants kept in a dorm room helps students breathe fresh air. Plants breathe in the carbon dioxide humans do not need and give out oxygen. A human being needs fresh oxygen, which the plants give freely. If a student keeps plants in their dorm room, the fresh air helps them take deep breaths, experience nature’s calmness, and boosts relaxation.
When a heater is on, it dries out the air in a room, resulting in skin and throat dryness. The water evaporating from the plants during transpiration keeps the airless arid. Plants also eliminate toxins from the air.
Plants help with relaxation. That is why you will find them in hospital rooms and offices as they reduce pressure, relieve stress, and lower anxiety. Many employees have reported high productivity when working in workspaces filled with indoor plants.
At some point, a student gets so tired that they have to ask for help on google by typing ‘write an essay for me’. Students who keep plants in dorm rooms experience more relaxation and concentration. That helps them in working on their assignments or studying. Just as plants help patients recover quickly, they can improve a student’s alertness.
Boosts relationship with nature
Plants need attention. If a student keeps plants in the dorm room, it means they will take care of them in the best way possible. This is done through watering and ensuring it gets the right amount of light. Caring for plants helps the student take some time off to focus on nature.
A student who takes some time off to take care of nature rejuvenates their energy and reduces stress. Whether it is a tiny or huge plant, both boost the student’s relationship with nature. At the end of the day, the student can boast about their contribution to taking care of the environment.
Source of medicine or herbs
Some indoor plants, like the Aloe Vera, help in soothing the skin. Many people who keep the lavender plant report that it aids in relaxation and sleep. Mint plants are useful as tea and beverage flavors. Eucalyptus and rosemary have a soothing fragrance that is energizing and has cognitive benefits.
Keeping plants in the dorm room means that a student can benefit from herbs and medicinal plants. They can use the herbs to spice up their foods. Medicinal plants come in handy in emergency cases, such as soothing the skin when there is an allergic irritation.
Indoor plants improve the appeal of the dorm room to make it more inviting. A student can use different plants to greatly enhance any room’s decor. It’s an easy improvement that matches virtually any style.
Easy to maintain
A student has the freedom to choose plants that are easy to take care of if they are forgetful. For instance, some get too busy attending lectures or spend their time looking for how to order an essay. With so much school work, they can forget to water their plants. Indoor plants that can stay fresh for long between waterings make the perfect choice for dorm rooms.
How to keep and take care of plants in the dorm room
Having a busy college life means that a student should choose indoor plants that are easy to maintain. They don’t want to starve the plants just because they got busy with school work. Here is a list of plants that are well suited to dorm rooms since they need low maintenance.
- Aloe Vera: they are succulent with both medicinal uses and an aesthetic appeal. They only need indirect sunlight so the student can place the plant near the dorm room window. It turns yellow if it receives too much sunlight. It is useful for soothing the skin due to sunburns or allergies.
- Orchids: These are stunning flowers that boost the mood, relieve stress, and increase concentration. They are suitable for dimly-lit dorm rooms as they can thrive on artificial light. Orchids are perfect for students who forget to water their plants. A cup of water every week will be enough for them.
- Bromeliads: these add pops of color to any dull dorm room. They are easy to maintain, requiring only minimal natural light. The student can place them below the window to access natural light.
- Lucky bamboo: This thrives in low to bright light making it suitable for a dorm room. The student can grow it in water, soil, or in decorative stones in a tin. But, they should change the water every week to prevent algae growth.
- Succulents: These are small plants that can survive without getting water frequently. The student needs to place them in a window that receives full sun or use artificial light. They require water once the growing soil is fully dry.
Indoor plants are great for decorating a dorm room, adding some nature, and making the space more inviting. The dorm room doesn’t have to be dull just because it is a shared space. Indoor plants freshen the air in the dorm room, helps the student relax, uplifts their moods, and increases their concentration. Depending on the type of plants, the student can also benefit from herbs to spice up their food. Other plants such as aloe vera Vera provide medicinal benefits. Generally, plants are a great way to brighten up the dorm room.