While technology has paced the process of change by giving new ways of doing things, there are some things that have weathered this change by displaying stubbornness. One of these exceptions is cardboard boxes, which are as useful for secondary use as for first use. Their multiuse ability motivates companies to use cardboard boxes for their products. That is the reason that almost 90% of all the products delivered in the USA are packaged in cardboard packaging. Among other uses of these boxes, using them during home shifting is very simple and versatile.
The famous economist Adam Smith once posited, “Of all the luggage, human luggage is the most difficult to shift.” However, with these boxes, all you need to do is pack your products in the box, seal it, and tape a label on it. Not only can you clear the mess created during shifting but also make the laborious and time-consuming shifting easy. However, keep in mind that incorrect packaging can damage your product. So, it is wise to always use perfectly sized boxes for the product. In order to avoid this, you must be aware of how to pack your things in cardboard boxes properly.
What Kind of Boxes Can You Use for Moving?
When it comes to using boxes for home shifting, cardboard boxes are your best bet. They provide convenient, practical, and safe packaging. However, make sure the boxes are robust enough to sustain the weight of your products if you want to shift them safely. Every box you are going to use must be in excellent condition and rigid without damage, tears, or rips to the corners. Since the products you are about to shift are of diverse dimensions and sizes, every box is useful. If you don’t have large boxes for heavy products, you can get large boxes from a packaging company. But using the best-fitting box for every product will save your product from damage. in cardboard boxes. The following are two types of boxes that are helpful while shifting:
- Standard Moving Boxes
- Specialty Moving Boxes
Standard Moving Boxes
Items of different sizes require packaging boxes of different sizes. That is why the entire collection of cardboard boxes will help you shift. Boxes of their size can fit the following items:
Large moving boxes are perfect for linen, pillows, blankets, and other bulky, lightweight items.
Medium-sized cardboard boxes are best for shoes and clothes, games and toys, electronics and small appliances, cookware, etc.
Small packaging boxes are ideal for heavy items such as tools and books. Along with that, fragile items that should be packaged separately, such as pieces of art, glassware, etc., are suitable for small boxes.
Spectacular Moving Boxes
Although standard boxes are perfect for many items, they may not be robust enough to ensure the protection of more valuable and delicate possessions. Here, the role of specialty boxes becomes crucial.
File boxes, crib boxes, lamp boxes, and other kinds of specialty boxes meet your particular needs.
Picture/mirror boxes are customized to perfectly pack your large mirrors and framed artwork. They also feature special frame protectors for added safety.
Dish packaging boxes are strong and perfect for ensuring the safety of fragile products.
Wardrobe boxes are ideal for shifting clothes. In short, every box can lend you a helping hand if properly packaged.
Tips on Using Cardboard Boxes for Shifting
- Are you ready to start packing things for the move? If so, don’t make the small mistake of putting your cherished items at unnecessary risk. In order to avoid this, follow the golden rule of packaging things in each and every box with utmost attention and care. Below are some tips that you can use to pack your possessions:
- Strengthen the corners and bottom of the box by using packaging tape. This will save the carton from breaking during the shifting of your items.
- Line the bottom of the packing boxes with some bubble wrap or packing paper to add a protective layer for your products.
- Wrap separate products with bubble wrap and packaging paper for maximum protection. For this, any soft fabric from an old towel can do the trick.
- Place heavier and larger items first, and put lighter items on the top.
- Fill the box completely because half-empty boxes can easily accept dents or damage during loading or unloading. However, don’t overload the moving containers. They can damage your products and make the cardboard boxes heavy.
- Items in these boxes must have a lot of cushioning. Use foam sheets, bubble wrap, crumpled paper, packaging peanuts, or even old clothes for this purpose. Make sure not to leave any space left unfilled in these boxes so that your product can be intact during shifting. It is necessary to line the top of the packaging boxes to protect them from caving in.
- Seal the cardboard boxes tightly so that no item can accidentally fall from the carton, or turn upside down or sideways during moving. It is understood to stick on the top of every box. Even minute negligence on your part can damage your products. Use quality tape and stick it on both ends and even run multiple circles around the packaging boxes. Do everything to be on the safe side.
- As a last step, label the boxes with their destination room and content so that the movers know where to put them when you reach your destination. It will also prove helpful for you when you begin unpacking things. If there are any handling instructions, do write them on cardboard boxes, such as MIRROR, HANDLE WITH CARE, etc. For labeling, always use a permanent marker so that what you have written cannot be erased. It is recommended to write instructions and put labels on at least three sides of the boxes. In this way, they would be more visible even when the packaging boxes are stacked.
The robustness and strength of cardboard boxes are something that makes them a priority for most products. Even after their first use, there are plenty of uses for which these boxes are useful. Among these utilities, using these boxes during home shifting abates your headache. However, follow the above-mentioned tips to shift your possessions safely.