A carpet brings elegance, glamor, comfort, safety, superior functionality, and value to your property. There are many types of carpet that you can choose from, and the choices vary in size, design, color, and material. One of the most popular types is a Loop Pile Carpet. This kind of carpet is popular among property owners because it is suitable for offices and business establishments.
A loop type carpet is an attractive carpet with small loops, usually made of olefin or nylon. When making loop pile carpets, each piece of fiber is lopped and the ends are affixed to the backing of the carpet. Because looped carpets easily snag and run, this type is not suitable for residential properties where children or pets would play rowdily.
Loop Pile Carpets are commercial carpets that are usually glued on the floor or installed over a quarter-inch underlay foam padding. Loop pile carpet adds texture to your flooring, and it provides plenty of potential advantages such as:
1. Aesthetically Appealing
When it comes to the general appearance and design, this type of carpet offers a wide array of choices. Loop pile carpets can give a subtle contemporary look to your interiors.
- Indulge In Luxury: Indulge in a velvet style loop pile carpet. The luxurious chunky loop creates a sumptuous and soft environment that perfectly matches low footfall spaces like a home office. This carpet can bring a hotel-style luxury look into your space.
- Show Your Personality: Pair a colorful loop pile carpet with bright paint or furniture for a lively and joyful room look. Clashing bright wall colors with a beautiful patterned loop pile carpet breaks the rules of stringent interior designs. It allows you to express yourself by adding expressive artworks and bolder textiles. Express your personality without disturbing the overall balanced look of a room using loop pile carpets.
2. Durable And Safer
Loop pile type carpets are highly recommended for high traffic areas such as commercial spaces because of their fiber loop designs. It is one of the most durable types of carpets because the loops won’t easily pull out or break.
The material in loop pile carpets returns to its normal position even when compressed by a heavy object, like a piece of furniture. In addition, loop pile carpets offer more traction as compared to other carpets. Therefore, they are best installed in areas where people might accidentally slip, such as staircases.
3. Easy To Clean
Loop pile carpets are dense. For this reason, any dust and spillage stay on top, which makes carpet cleaning and maintenance a lot easier. Also, a loop pile carpet resists some types of common stains, especially those that are made with nylon. Olefin also offers water and moist resistance up to a certain extent.
4. Environmentally Friendly
High-quality loop pile carpets are crafted from the best materials, blending Sheep’s wool and Alpaca. Wool is a natural, renewable, and biodegradable material. Thus, Loop Pile Carpets made from wool fiber are eco-friendly, sustainable, and a good lifestyle choice. If you are planning to renovate your home with environmental and sustainable pieces, a loop pile carpet is a great addition.
5. Highly Versatile
Loop Pile Carpets are also suitable for residential homes. Just make sure to place them in an area where pets and children don’t usually play around. Its texture can easily add a cozy vibe to a room, and it’s a great carpet to lounge in! Thus, they are best used in bedrooms, living rooms, recreation rooms, workout rooms, and even the basement.
How To Choose The Best Loop Pile Carpet
There are a lot of factors that make up the quality of a loop pile carpet. Before you go shopping for a new carpet, take note of the following things listed below:
- Choose The Right Patterns And Colors – Your carpet’s patterns and colors should perfectly match the interior décor of your property to achieve uniformity. Color shades can affect the mood and feel of your space. For example, a blue carpet brings a sense of calmness and relaxation, while a red carpet is a vibrant color that stimulates the senses. Lighter carpet colors make a room look bigger while darker carpet colors tend to shrink the room’s actual size.
- Ask For The Warranty – Remember that any carpet that does not come with some form of protection or warranty should not be trusted. A carpet with a longer warranty would mean a longer carpet life span and is worth the investment. You might also want to check if a loop pile carpet comes with special protection, like stain protection and crushing or wear protection. It is important to be aware of the carpet manufacturer’s terms and conditions that surround the warranty protection.
- Don’t Buy Extremely Cheap Carpets – Good quality loop pile carpets don’t come cheap. There is a good reason why some carpets are expensive, especially those that are made with wool stain-guard material. On the other hand, synthetic carpets are cheaper but are harder to clean. Cheap carpets usually don’t have anti-stain capability and are consequently harder to clean and maintain.
- Check the Type Of Care And Maintenance – Not all carpets are the same. Choose a loop pile carpet that is stain-resistant to save time and effort cleaning the carpet. You must also determine the type of cleaning materials or devices needed to remove certain stains so you can prepare for it.
Loop pile carpets come in different patterns and designs which adds a pop of personality to your space. The very tight loops in these carpets are durable and make them withstand wear and tear that may be caused by heavy furniture.
However, since these types of carpets can easily snag, they are best used in offices and commercial establishments where kids and pets cannot play around in them. When choosing the best loop pile carpet for your space, make sure you consider the design and material. Aside from that, check the warranty and required care or maintenance of the carpet so you can use it longer.