Verifying whether your VPN is functioning correctly is essential to ensure your online privacy and security. Here are some straightforward methods to check if your VPN is working.
1. IP Address Check
- Before connecting to the free VPN, note down your public IP address using a reliable IP checker website.
- Connect to the VPN and revisit the IP checker website. If the displayed IP address has changed, your VPN is working correctly.
2. DNS Leak Test
- Perform a DNS leak test to check if your DNS requests are being routed through the VPN.
- There are various online tools available that can help you conduct DNS leak tests. Websites like dnsleaktest.com can reveal if your DNS queries are leaking outside the VPN tunnel.
3. WebRTC Leak Test
- WebRTC can potentially leak your real IP address even when using a VPN.
- Use the WebRTC leak test to verify if your VPN is safeguarding against WebRTC leaks.
4. Check Server Location
- When you connect to a VPN server, confirm that the server location matches the one you selected.
5. Speed and Performance
- Compare your internet speed with and without the VPN activated. While a slight decrease is normal, a significant drop might indicate a problem.
6. Geo-Blocked Content Access
- VPNs allow you to bypass geo-restrictions and access content from different regions.
- Check if you can access geo-blocked content on platforms like streaming services. If you can, your VPN is functioning correctly.
7. Check VPN Logs
- Access your VPN provider’s settings or client interface to see if there are any logs or connection records.
- A true no-logs VPN service will not store any identifiable information about your online activities.
8. Kill Switch Test
- Enable the kill switch feature in your VPN settings, which cuts off internet access if the VPN connection drops.
- Disconnect the VPN momentarily to see if the kill switch activates and blocks your internet connection.
By employing these methods, you can ensure that your free VPN Chrome is working as intended, providing you with the privacy, security, and online freedom you expect. Regularly checking your VPN connection is a good practice to maintain your online anonymity and protect your sensitive data.
Wondering if your VPN is truly safeguarding your online presence? At Planet VPN, we understand the importance of certainty in your online security. As you learn how to check if your VPN is working, rely on Planet VPN to provide you with unwavering protection.