A neatly decorated and well-organized study table is vital to be able to study effectively! If you have a designated study space, desk, or just the kitchen table, or perhaps a table that is attached to the wall, it can be transformed into a place that makes you feel more productive and focused. Select a suitable table, chair, or lamp (any source of light is welcome) in the beginning to start. Try different methods of decorating your space without making clutter. Maintaining your study table in order is essential; therefore, utilize drawers and storage containers.
Add the Decorative Features
- Make sure you choose a color design for your study table. Decorating your study table using your favorite colors can make your space more welcoming and comfortable. If you love bright colors, then you can choose green, red, blue, yellow, and storage containers and accessories, for example. If you are looking for more minimalist colors, you can pick gray, white, or black decorative and organizational features for your tables. The more you enjoy your study desk and the more you’ll love working at it.
- Add accents that reflect your personal style. Although you shouldn’t want your desk to appear overly cluttered, you’ll be more at ease at your desk when you feel it’s yours. Look for a few small items that you could place on your desk which make you smile when you walk by them. They can be anything; you may choose something romantic or be something you like the look of! You could, for instance, select a picture of your family members or a framed artwork or a gorgeous bowl that you bought at a thrift shop or a letter-art piece or a piece of art that someone special gifted you.
- Install a corkboard over your table to provide space to decorate. Clearing your table of clutter can help you concentrate on your research. A corkboard that is hung over your desk will allow you to be creative and show off your uniqueness. Place the corkboard on the wall using hooks or nails. Then, you can begin to decorate. It can be decorated with images, motivational quotes, as well as calendar calendars, or a list of goals. Corkboards can be purchased from department stores, homeware as well as office supplies stores. You can also make use of pegboards. They are useful if you want to hang smaller items such as headphones, scissors, or rulers!
- Consider a small potted flower for those who want to add a bit of greenery. Small potted plants can provide a relaxing and refreshing accent to your table. Pick your preferred small houseplant, and put it in an area in the center of the table so that it is out of the obstruction from your desk. Succulents make a wonderful choice to use as a study desk since they don’t occupy much space and are low maintenance. A vase of flowers could also be used to make the space more inviting. Be careful not to have more than one potted plant at your table, as they could be distracting and consume too much space.
- Cover cans or cups with colorful paper to make your personal pencil holders. Cut a scrapbook paper that’s about the same in height as the cup or can and large enough to wrap around. Apply a thin line of glue in the cup, and then press the scrapbook papers into the glue. Let it dry for around one minute. Then wrap the scrapbook paper completely around the jar before gluing the ends.
Setting up Your Desk
- Choose a chair that is comfortable and lets your feet reach the floor. It is essential to choose an office chair or desk that you can feel at ease and relaxed for extended periods of time. Test a range of chairs before choosing one that will allow your back to feel comfortable and supported. A chair with arms that assist your elbows as your work can be a good choice. Make sure you choose a chair that’s not too comfortable, or else you could fall asleep while working!
- Drawers can be used to store your items. Some tables are equipped with storage, making it simple to organize everything! Make use of the drawers closest to you for items that you most frequently use, like stationary, books, or smaller devices. Store items are not used as often in drawers farther away. If you wish to keep your items organized and organized in the drawers, you can use small storage containers that can fit inside. It is best to arrange all of your study tools in the drawers as you can.
Here’s what we think are some awesome design ideas for your study table in your home. We hope that you enjoyed this article. Tell us how you feel!
About the Author: Emma Flores
Emma Flores is lucky enough to turn her interests into a job. Editor and proofreader on working days, freelance writer during weekends, and a mother all the time. She is at her most when she runs in the morning with headphones on. Emma is working with StudyCrumb to offer tips for writing academic papers that are of high-quality standards.