No matter what siding you have to protect your home, it will need regular maintenance and eventually need to be replaced. Buzz Siding Contractors has listed some signs you need to look for if you need siding replacement.
- Bubbles or Blisters – Having blisters and bubbles beneath your siding are red flags. It indicates water within the siding, and you have a moisture problem.
- Siding Rot – Since every day, your siding is exposed to water, wind, and sun, which takes a toll on it and can lead to rot. Rot attracts pets and can get worse quickly.
- Cracked and Warped – If the layer of your siding gives way once you touch it, it’s time to call the professionals for siding replacement. It’s a sign that it is no longer able to protect your home from the elements.
- Damages Siding – Buckled or sagging siding is not uncommon for vinyl siding or James Hardie siding. With regular maintenance, you can preserve and extend the life of these siding materials.
- Loose or Missing Siding – When you experience harsh weather or heavy wind storm, hurricanes, and tornados, your siding might fall off or can hang loosely. These cannot protect your home and creates an environment for excessive moisture and a home for insects. These will cost you more if not addressed right away.
- Fungus, mold, or mildew -These kinds of substances grow where there is moisture. If you notice these signs, it means that it is no longer doing its job.
- Severely Faded Siding – When your siding loses its color, it doesn’t mean that you need to replace it as soon as possible. However, it might be a good idea to start considering siding replacement because it is a sign that weatherproofing is on its last leg.
- Higher Energy Bill – the purpose of your siding is to help your home retain cold and heat. A higher bill means it is not doing its job.
If you see any of these signs, contact our siding company. Our Siding contractors provide top-notch siding replacement, siding installation for Vinyl siding, James Hardie siding, and other siding materials.